Cardinals vs. Phillies Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 17
The Philadelphia Phillies (81-67) have a 2-0 series lead, hoping to sweep the St. Louis Cardinals (65-83) on Sunday at Busch Stadium, at 2:15 PM ET.
The probable pitchers are Taijuan Walker (15-5) for the Phillies and Dakota Hudson (6-2) for the Cardinals.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Cardinals vs. Phillies Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Sunday, September 17, 2023
- Time: 2:15 PM ET
- TV: BSMW
- Location: St. Louis, Missouri
- Venue: Busch Stadium
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Walker - PHI (15-5, 4.36 ERA) vs Hudson - STL (6-2, 5.10 ERA)
Read More About This Game
|Phillies vs Cardinals Betting Trends & Stats|
|Phillies vs Cardinals Odds|
|Phillies vs Cardinals Prediction|
|How to Watch Phillies vs Cardinals|
Cardinals Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Dakota Hudson
- Hudson gets the start for the Cardinals, his 10th of the season. He is 6-2 with a 5.10 ERA and 37 strikeouts in 65 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent time out on Monday, the right-hander went 4 1/3 innings against the Baltimore Orioles, giving up seven earned runs while surrendering eight hits.
- In 15 games this season, the 29-year-old has put up a 5.10 ERA and 5.1 strikeouts per nine innings, while allowing a batting average of .267 to opposing hitters.
- Hudson has three quality starts under his belt this year.
- Hudson has put up seven starts this season that he pitched five or more innings.
- In four of his appearances this season he did not allow an earned run.
Dakota Hudson vs. Phillies
- The opposing Phillies offense has a collective .259 batting average, and is fifth in the league with 1313 total hits and ninth in MLB play with 725 runs scored. They have the fifth-ranked slugging percentage (.439) and are 10th in all of MLB with 197 home runs.
- Head-to-head against the Phillies this season, Hudson has pitched 5 2/3 innings, giving up five earned runs on six hits while striking out one.
Phillies Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Taijuan Walker
- The Phillies will hand the ball to Walker (15-5) for his 29th start of the season.
- The right-hander's last appearance was on Monday, when he threw 5 1/3 innings against the Atlanta Braves, giving up five earned runs while allowing six hits.
- The 31-year-old has pitched to a 4.36 ERA this season with 7.5 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 3.8 walks per nine across 28 games.
- In 28 starts this season, he's earned 10 quality starts.
- Walker has 16 starts in a row of five innings or more.
- In 28 appearances this season, he has finished three without allowing an earned run.
- Among qualified pitchers this season, the 31-year-old's 4.36 ERA ranks 38th, 1.336 WHIP ranks 42nd, and 7.5 K/9 ranks 40th.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.