MAP - Springfield, TN

SPRINGFIELD, TN (WSMV) - An elderly woman has extremely critical injuries after a house fire in Springfield on Thursday.

The home was located at the intersection of Leota Street and 18th Avenue.

When firefighters arrived the home was engulfed in flames.

A passerby pulled the elderly woman out of the home.

She was taken to a local hospital and then flown to Vanderbilt University Medical Center.

Springfield Fire Chief Jimmy Hamill said the fire was likely caused by an electrical failure of decorative lighting in a flower pot behind a couch.

Copyright 2019 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.