House fire on Dabbs Avenue

House fire on Dabbs Avenue

NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV) - An elderly man was taken to the hospital after he was injured in a house fire off Briley Parkway near the Nashville International Airport Monday morning. 

Emergency crews responded to the call around 9:45 a.m. for the fire on Dabbs Avenue. Fire officials say the man was taken to Vanderbilt University Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries.

The fire chief tells us the fire started when the resident forgot about food cooking on the stove. 

They say the fire spread from the kitchen to the attic causing heavy fire, smoke, and water damage. There were no other injuries reported. 

 
 

WSMV.com is now with you on the go! Get the latest news updates and video, 4WARN weather forecast, weather radar, special investigative reports, sports headlines and much more from News4 Nashville.

>> Click/tap here to download our free mobile app. <<


Copyright 2020 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

 
 

Content Producer

Sydney is a Pennsylvania native who joined the News4 team in May 2019 as a Content Producer. She graduated from Bloomsburg University, "Go Huskies!" Send her news tips and sports/entertainment ideas at sydney.warick@wsmv.com or on Twitter @sydneywaricktv.

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.