Officials: Phone charger sparked fire at Bellevue facility

The fire sparked overnight at a rehabilitation facility on Highway 100. (WSMV)

A phone charger is being blamed for a fire at a rehabilitation and assisted living facility in Bellevue.

According to officials, a phone charger inside a bathroom caught fire at the NHC Place at the Trace on Highway 100.

The flames spread to clothing and toilet paper stored nearby, which set off the sprinkler system.

Fire officials said the sprinkler system put the majority of the flames out before they got inside the building.

One person was injured while being relocated during the fire.

Copyright 2018 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Locations

Multimedia Producer

Recommended for you