MONTGOMERY COUNTY, TENN. (WSMV) - Montgomery County Mayor Jim Durrett signed Emergency Order 19 to extend Emergency Order 18, which requires wearing a face-covering by all employees of businesses open to the public within Montgomery County.
The current order is set to expire tonight at midnight.
Exceptions to wearing a face-covering include the following:
- Within one's residence or automobile, unless transporting others for hire;
- By a child twelve (12) years of age or younger;
- By someone who has trouble breathing due to an underlying health condition or another bona fide medical or health-related reason for not wearing a face-covering;
- By someone who is incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove the cloth face-covering without assistance;
- While eating or drinking;
- While outdoors, unless the person cannot substantially maintain appropriate social distancing from others outside of the person's household;
- While working under conditions where appropriate social distancing from others outside of the person's household is substantially maintained;
- In situations in which wearing a face-covering poses a safety or security risk;
- While in a house of worship unless required by that house of worship, but wearing a face covering in such locations is strongly encouraged; or
- While in a voting site for the purpose of voting or administering an election, but wearing a face covering in such locations is strongly encouraged.