Hopkinsville Fire

HOPKINSVILLE, KY (WSVM) - A Hopkinsville man was reportedly injured in a house fire that is believed to have started because of a lit cigarette, according to WKDZ Radio.

WKDZ reports the fire happened on Thursday around 1 a.m. on South Campbell Street. 

They spoke with Hopkinsville Firefighters who say the home was engulfed with flames when they arrived. The man inside was found in the back of the home and was taken to a Nashville hospital. 

The fire investigation is ongoing, but WKDZ reports that firefighters say it may have been started with a cigarette. 

The man's condition is currently unknown. 


WSMV.com is now with you on the go! Get the latest news updates and video, 4WARN weather forecast, weather radar, special investigative reports, sports headlines and much more from News4 Nashville.

>> Click/tap here to download our free mobile app. <<

Copyright 2020 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.



Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.