MT. JULIET, TN (WSMV) - First responders were exposed to what is believed to a "hazardous chemical" in Mt. Juliet on Thursday.
First responders were called to the death of a man behind the library on N. Mount Juliet Road just after 11:30 a.m.
Upon arrival, first responders found an unidentified man not breathing and believed it could be an overdose. Officers used NARCAN on the man and medics and firefighters gave life saving efforts
Officers then found a bottle of Potassium cyanide in the vehicle.
Three firefighters, two medics, and two police officers were rushed to hospital. However, police said it was "out of an abundance of caution" and all "are unharmed."
The first responders should be released later on Thursday night.
Police said "the hazardous chemical was used to facilitate a suicide."
Mt. Juliet Police Capt. Tyler Chandler stressed more than once that if you having these thoughts to please call for help. The suicide prevention hotline is 1-800-273-8255 for anyone in need of help.