NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV) - Residents at an extended stay hotel at 1210 Murfreesboro Pike were evacuated after an explosion in a room on the third floor.
According to emergency crews, the call for help went out at about 3:30 p.m.
Dozens of residents grabbed their pets and belongings and went out into the rain to watch as crews battled the smoke.
Four people were injured.
One person from the room, a man, suffered third degree burns and was rushed to the hospital.
Fire officials said gasoline cans were in the room.
Residents said the force from the blast was so powerful, it blew out windows and stores down the street heard the explosion.
Red Cross is offering assistance to the people who were evacuated, because the residents can't stay in their homes overnight.
Stay with News 4 for the latest on this developing story.