BLOUNTVILLE, TENN. (WSMV) - District Attorney General Barry Staubus said in court Friday that the prosecution intends to bring "another matter" regarding Megan Boswell to a grand jury on August 19, according to News4 partner WCYB.
"We will take that to the grand jury, and see what determination they make, and then we'll go from there," he said.
Staubus made the remarks during a status hearing regarding the false report charges Boswell currently faces. Boswell's daughter, baby Evelyn Boswell, was reported missing and then found dead, earlier this year. No charges have been handed down in relation to Evelyn's death so far.
Brad Sproles, Megan's attorney, said Megan has been charged with Class D felonies.
"Given the amount of time she’s been in custody, if she had been convicted of these offenses she would be looking at a parole eligibility date probably within the next month or so," he said.
Sproles asked Judge Goodwin to set a date fairly quickly after the August 19th grand jury date.
“In the event the grand jury does not charge her, does not return an indictment, she would only be facing the charges she does now, and we would need to resolve those as quickly as possible," he said.
The next court date for Boswell was set for August 28.