Unattended baby hospitalized after hotel room catches fire

One of the rooms at the Hillside Crossing Hotel caught fire with a baby inside.
Published: Oct. 12, 2022 at 10:19 PM CDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WSMV) - A baby was hospitalized after it was left alone in a hotel room when it caught fire on Wednesday night near the airport.

According to the Nashville Fire Department, crews were dispatched to the Hillside Crossing Hotel on Spence Lane for a possible fire inside one of the rooms with a baby inside.

When officials arrived on the scene, they found a hotel room open with a wall on one side of the room on fire and a baby inside with no other occupants.

Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the fire and contain it in just one room.

The baby was transported to Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital with injuries related to smoke inhalation.

Nashville Fire concluded the fire started accidentally due to an electrical incident.