Metro Police announce road closures, parking ahead of TSU homecoming festivities
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WSMV) - Metro Nashville Police are preparing to assist the traffic flow of Tennessee State University football fans who attend the homecoming game Saturday.
Over 70 Metro police officers will be on the streets surrounding Nissan Stadium Saturday afternoon as the TSU homecoming game against Bethune-Cookman University is expected to draw the school’s largest football attendance of the year.
MNPD urged fans to arrive at the stadium early and that the parking lots open as early as 7 a.m. for the game. In addition, certain lots have been designated as gameday debit/credit card parking. Drivers must pay $30 for parking in these lots.
RIDESHARE PLAN FOR NISSAN STADIUM (Uber & Lyft)
Ingress: Drivers will access Crutcher St. from either S. 2nd Street or S. 5th Street. Fans are encouraged to proceed on foot from Crutcher St. to the intersection of S. 2nd Street & Shelby Avenue for safe crossing to the stadium.
Egress: Drivers will take S. 5th Street to Crutcher Street, turn right and proceed west toward S. 2nd Street. Rideshare pickup will be at the end of Crutcher Street.
TSU’s Saturday homecoming festivities begin at 9 a.m. with the annual parade, which will travel west on Jefferson Street from 14th Avenue to the university campus. The parade will feature the TSU Aristocrat of Bands, floats, and several high school bands.
In preparation for the parade and its staging, Jefferson Street from 10th Avenue North to the TSU campus will begin closing at 7:30 a.m. Saturday. The I-40 west exit ramp at Jefferson Street will close at 8:30 a.m. In addition, the following closures will be in effect:
- John A. Merritt Boulevard from 28th to 33rd Avenues
- 12th Avenue from Jefferson Street to Herman Street
- 14th Avenue from Jefferson Street to Herman Street
- 16th Avenue from Jefferson Street to Herman Street
- Meharry Boulevard between 12th and 16th Avenues
- Phillips Street between 12th and 16th Avenues
- Jackson Street between 12th and 16th Avenues
- Ireland Street between 12th and 16th Avenues
- Scovel Street between 23rd and 28th Avenues
- Beasley Street between 23rd and 28th Avenues
- Ed Temple Boulevard between Dr. Walter S. Davis Boulevard & Albion Street
Copyright 2022 WSMV. All rights reserved.