The Rutherford County Sheriff's Office is making some changes after a K-9 officer collapsed in the heat over the weekend.
times by yellow jackets when they swarmed and chased her back inside her house. "Last year, we were doing segments on heat exhaustion , because there were incredibly hot days. We've been blessed not to have that kind of heat this year, but people are
were taking part in the search. Extra units were called out to provide water, and some officers had to be treated for heat exhaustion , La Vergne public information officer Kathy Tyson told Channel 4. Troopers said they decided to call off the search Saturday
Pets are just like people, and they shouldn't be exposed to extreme temperatures without proper care. "They can get heat stroke , or worst of all die from the heat," Biggs said. High school football players are practicing this week with helmets and
dead," said Sewell. It seems cases of heat exhaustion in dogs are on the rise this year. The reason ..... said Biggs. "Your dogs are going to have a heat stroke or die." Signs of heat exhaustion or stroke include extreme fatigue, imbalance
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has several tips to prevent heatstroke . For more information, visit: http://www.nhtsa.gov/safety/ hyperthermia . Copyright 2013 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.
out of the sun and take frequent breaks if working outside. Hot and humid conditions increase the risk of heat exhaustion or heat stroke , and heat - not tornadoes, floods or hurricanes - remains the leading cause of weather-related deaths
CMA Fest is experiencing some beautiful weather that is much cooler than in years past, more people have been treated for heat exhaustion this year. Anyone planning on attending the festivities Saturday or Sunday should plan to stay hydrated and put on some
p.m., said officials. Crews believe the fire started when a computer battery overheated. One firefighter suffered heat exhaustion but was treated and resumed fighting the fire. The 20 employees inside the business were evacuated and not hurt. The blaze