From Alison Morris in Belvidere, Tenn.
Prep Time: 20 min.
Total Time: 1 hr 20 min.
8 oz mascarpone cheese, softened*
1 1/2 cups whipping cream
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 (2 lb.) frozen pecan pie, thawed and cut into 1 inch cubes
1/3 cup chocolate fudge topping
1/3 cup caramel topping
1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
1. Beat mascarpone cheese, whipping cream, and vanilla extract in a large bowl at medium speed for 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth and firm.
2. Place half of pie cubes in the bottom of a 4 quart trifle dish or tall, clear 4 quart glass bowl.
3. Spread half of whipped cream mixture over pie cubes.
4. Drizzle with half each chocolate fudge topping and caramel topping.
5. Sprinkle with half of chopped pecans. Repeat layers.
6. Cover and chill at least 1 hr or up to 8 hrs.
*can use cream cheese instead of mascarpone
Yields: 10 servings
Comments: Fix it the night or morning before. Dinner guests will thank you for this wonderful, fancy, no hassle dessert that looks delicious!
*DISCLAIMER*: The information contained in or provided through this site section is intended for general consumer understanding and education only and is not intended to be and is not a substitute for professional advice. Use of this site section and any information contained on or provided through this site section is at your own risk and any information contained on or provided through this site section is provided on an "as is" basis without any representations or warranties.