Taste of the South
Bacon Peanut Butter Cookies
¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
¼ cup bacon drippings, softened
½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup creamy peanut butter
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon baking powder
½ pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 cup dark chocolate melting wafers
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. In a large bowl, beat butter, bacon drippings, and sugars with a mixer at medium speed until fluffy, 3-4 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add peanut butter and vanilla, beating until combined. Add egg, beating well.
3. In a large bowl, stir together flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. With mixer on low speed, gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating just until combined. Reserve ¼ cup bacon. Stir remaining bacon into batter.
4. Using a 1 ½-inch scoop, scoop dough, and place 2 inches apart on large rimmed baking sheets. Dip a fork into water, and gently press tines into surface of dough, making a crosshatch design.
5. Bake until light golden brown about 12 minutes, rotating pans halfway through baking. Let cool on pans for 5 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks.
6. In a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave chocolate on high in 15-second intervals, stirring between each, until melted. Dip cookies halfway into melted chocolate, and place on wire racks. Sprinkle with reserved ¼ cup bacon.