GE recalls LED tube lamps due to shock hazard - WSMV News 4

GE recalls LED tube lamps due to shock hazard

Posted: Updated:
(CPSC) (CPSC)
(CPSC) (CPSC)

(Meredith) -- GE is recalling its LED tube lamps, which were exclusively sold at Lowe's, due to a shock hazard. The US Consumer Product Safety Commission reports that pins on one end of the lamp can be energized during installation/removal, posing electric shock and electrocution hazards.

This recall involves GE Lighting’s 31243 LED13T8U840 LED two pack tube lamps.

These units are most often used in garages, basements, workshops and utility rooms. The GE logo and model information are printed on a label near the tube’s base.

These bulbs were sold at Lowe’s stores nationwide and Lowes.com from approximately November 2017 through April 2018 for about $15.

About 46,000 packages of two tube lamps are affected in the recall. 

Consumers should immediately contact GE Lighting to receive instructions on safely removing the LED tube lamps, and to receive a refund in the form of a $17 gift card.

Consumers should make sure the light switch is “off” before attempting to change LED tube lamps.

Powered by Frankly
WSMV
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, WSMV; Nashville, TN. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.