Pork Chops with Creamy White Wine and Mushroom Sauce
With a decadent mushroom sauce, these impressive pork chops are perfect for a romantic date night dinner.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
2 Kentucky Legend Pork Chops
1/2 tsp each salt and pepper, divided
2 tbsp canola oil, divided
2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
1/4 cup minced onion
2 tsp finely chopped fresh thyme
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/3 cup 35% heavy cream
3 tbsp cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
2 tsp finely chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Season pork chop all over with half of the salt and pepper. Heat half of the oil in large skillet set over medium-high heat; cook pork chops, turning once, for about 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to baking sheet; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until thermometer registers 160°F when inserted into thickest part of pork chop and just blush of pink remains in center. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in skillet set over medium-high heat. Cook mushrooms, onion, thyme, garlic and remaining salt and pepper for 5 to 8 minutes or until mushrooms are browned and tender.
- Stir in wine; bring to boil and cook for 1 minute. Stir in cream; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat.
- Stir cubes of butter into sauce, whisking constantly to thicken sauce. (If necessary, return skillet to stovetop over low heat, but remove from heat if sauce gets too hot, as butter will melt and sauce will separate). Spoon sauce over pork chops; garnish with chives.
• If desired, substitute a few shallots for the onion.
• Also delicious with a mix of sliced mushrooms: try button, oyster, shiitake, portobello and/or chanterelles.