Bake from Scratch
Makes 1 (9X5-inch) loaf
1 cup (240 grams) spiced rum
½ cup (64 grams) dried pineapple pieces, diced
½ cup (64 grams) diced dried apricot
4 ounces (115 grams) cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup (76 grams) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup (200 grams) granulated sugar
1 large egg (50 grams), room temperature
½ teaspoon (2 grams) vanilla extract
1 ½ cups (188 grams) all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon (2 grams) ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon (1.5 grams) kosher salt
½ teaspoon (2.5 grams) baking powder
¼ teaspoon (1.25 grams) baking soda
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
¾ cup (171 grams) mashed banana
½ cup (57 grams) chopped pecans
Bake from Scratch “Pecan-Oat Streusel”
Bake from Scratch “Vanilla Glaze”
- In a small saucepan, bring rum, pineapple, and apricot to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low, and simmer until fruit is plump and liquid has evaporated, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat, and let cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180° C). Butter and flour a 9X5-inch loaf pan. Line with parchment paper, letting excess extend over sides of pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese and butter at medium speed until creamy. Add sugar, and beat until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add egg, beating well. Beat in vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and nutmeg. With a mixer on low speed, gradually add flour mixture to cream cheese mixture, beating until combined. Fold in banana, pecans and rehydrated fruit. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Top with “Pecan-Oat Streusel.”
- Bake until golden brown and a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes, covering with foil halfway through baking to prevent excess browning. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Using excess parchment paper as handles, remove from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack. Drizzle “Vanilla Glaze” over cooled loaf. Store in airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, bacon drippings, and sugars with a mixer at medium speed until fluffy, 3-4 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add peanut butter and vanilla, beating until combined. Add egg, beating well.
In a large bowl, stir together flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. With mixer on low speed, gradually