1 treated for smoke inhalation after Murfreesboro apartment fire - WSMV News 4

1 treated for smoke inhalation after Murfreesboro apartment fire

Posted: Updated:
(Source: Murfreesboro Fire Rescue Department) (Source: Murfreesboro Fire Rescue Department)
(Source: Murfreesboro Fire Rescue Department) (Source: Murfreesboro Fire Rescue Department)
MURFREESBORO, TN (WSMV) -

Four people have been displaced after a fire at an apartment complex in Murfreesboro on Monday morning.

Firefighters said there were heavy smoke and flames coming from a second-floor unit at the Ashwood Cove Apartments when they arrived just after 8:30 a.m.

The residents who were inside the apartment were already outside, but firefighters worked to clear the surrounding units.

One person had to be treated for smoke inhalation, but no one else was injured.

Officials said they believe the fire was accidental and started near a wall outlet on the kitchen counter.

Three adults and one child were displaced by the blaze and are being assisted by the American Red Cross.

Two other apartments received water damage and up to six units were damaged by smoke.

Copyright 2018 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
WSMV
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, WSMV; Nashville, TN. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.