3 injured in Hopkinsville house fire - WSMV News 4

3 injured in Hopkinsville house fire

Posted: Updated:
HOPKINSVILLE, KY (WSMV) -

Three people were injured when a fire broke out at a home in Hopkinsville on Saturday.

It started around 2:30 p.m. at a house in the 3000 block of Lafayette Road. 

According to officials, everyone was out of the home when firefighters arrived; however, there were injuries. 

One person suffered burns and was taken to Vanderbilt University Medical Center by LifeFlight. Two others were treated for smoke inhalation at Jennie Stuart Medical Center in Hopkinsville. All of the injuries appear to be non-life threatening.

The fire, which was contained to a mattress in a rear bedroom, was caused by an ear candle.

The blaze left the home with smoke damage.

Copyright 2018 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
WSMV
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, WSMV; Nashville, TN. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.