104-year-old woman dies in house fire in Tennessee - WSMV News 4

104-year-old woman dies in house fire in Tennessee

Posted: Updated:

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) - Fire officials say a 104-year-old woman has died in a house fire in Tennessee.

The Memphis Fire Department said the woman was found unresponsive in the kitchen of a home that caught fire Friday. She died at the scene.

Investigators determined that the one-story, wood-frame home had a working smoke alarm. Officials said the fire was caused by an electrical malfunction in the kitchen wall area of the Memphis home.

The woman's name has not been released.

Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Powered by Frankly
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, WSMV; Nashville, TN. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.