Space heater sparks house fire in north Nashville - WSMV News 4

Space heater sparks house fire in north Nashville

Posted: Updated:
The fire started Friday morning on Queen Avenue. (WSMV) The fire started Friday morning on Queen Avenue. (WSMV)
NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV) -

Six people were displaced by a house fire in north Nashville on Friday morning.

Officials said the fire on Queen Avenue was started by a space heater.

It's not clear if anyone was injured in the blaze.

Officials say this is a costly reminder of the dangers of space heaters.

"What we're running into right now is alternative heat sources, like portable heaters, that are generally just fit into a room, and sometimes stuff will get kicked around them, that will cause the ignition of a fire," said District Fire Chief Donald Alford.

Copyright 2018 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
WSMV
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, WSMV; Nashville, TN. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.