1927 IPA Beer Cheese
Courtesy of Executive Chef Garrett Pittler | Nashville, Tennessee
(Yields 20 servings)
· 2.5lb Velveeta cheese
· 1/4 cup mustard powder
· 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
· 1 tablespoon onion powder
· 1 cup sharp cheddar, shredded
· 20oz Southern Wit Beer (such as Tennessee Brew Works)
1. Begin by getting a saucepot ready, and on medium to low heat, bring the Velveeta to a melting point.
2. As the Velveeta melts down completely, stir, and stir often as you do not want the cheese to burn.
3. Add in the beer and all dry ingredients and mix well. Add in the cheddar cheese and stir a bit more.
4. Reduce the heat to low and stir until warm and well blended.