Spicy Collard Greens
Courtesy of Chef Andy Little | Nashville, Tennessee
· 5 slices bacon, diced
· 1 large red onion, diced
· 3 cloves garlic, minced
· 1t salt
· 1t red pepper flakes
· 3C chicken stock
· 3T brown sugar
· 2T whiskey
· 1t Worcestershire sauce
· 1 pound collard greens, cut into 2-inch pieces
1. Place a heavy bottom pot on medium heat.
2. Add the bacon and cook over medium heat until brown and crispy.
3. Add the onion and cooking until translucent then add the garlic.
4. Add the collard greens and cook until wilted.
5. Pour the chicken stock over the greens and add seasonings (red pepper flakes, brown sugar, whiskey, Worcestershire sauce, salt).
6. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 hour or until greens are tender.