Haggerty Holiday Stuffing Recipe
2 pounds of savory sage pork sausage
4 stalks of celery, small dice
2 small onions, minced
1 tablespoon of rubbed (ground) sage
1 loaf of Italian Pane bread (Turano brand is my favorite)
1 cup chicken or turkey stock
2 Tablespoons of chicken or turkey fat
2 Tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1. Dice the bread into ½ inch cubes, soak it in chicken stock then squeeze most of the liquid out.
2. Sweat the celery and onion in the chicken fat for about 2 minutes until the vegetables just start to turn translucent.
3. Mix celery and onions with bread and remaining ingredients. Make sure the sausage is in small pieces.
4. If stuffing a chicken or turkey fill the center of the bird and cook until bird is done.
5. If you just feel like having stuffing roast the stuffing in a shallow cake pan at 350degrees for an hour or until the stuffing is crispy on top and soft in the middle. If the stuffing looks to be drying out add a small amount of chicken stock to it while it is roasting.
Sea Salt Nashville
209 3rd Avenue North
Nashville, TN 37201
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 2 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Friday - Saturday 2 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Sunday 4 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Happy Hour Monday - Friday 4 p.m - 6 p.m