Carrot Wieners Pinewood Style!
1 cup of veggie broth
1/1 cup of apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
2 tabelspoons of tamari or coconut amino's
½ teaspoon liquid smoke
1 tabelspoon of paprika
2 teaspoons of mustard powder
½ teaspoon of garlic powder
½ teaspoon of ground coriander
¼ teaspoon of ground black pepper
2 tabelspoons of olive oil
8 medium carrots, peeled, skinny ends trimmed & cut your carrots the length of the bun
8 hot dog buns - (I use gluten free Udi's)
*Any toppings you like!
1. In a medium saucepan, mix together the broth, vinegars, tamari or coconut aminos, liquid smoke, and spices. Bring to a simmer. Let the marinade simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, toss the oil and the carrots together in a small roasting pan.
3. Remove the marinade from the stovetop and pour it over the carrots. Cover and let it sit for at least 30 minutes and, preferably, up to 2 hours.
4. Preheat oven to 425°F (218°C).
5. Stick the carrots in the oven, still covered and roast for 20 minutes. Uncover & stir them around flipping them over, and roast for another 20 to 25 minutes. You want the carrots to be tender on the outside with a little bit of resistance in the center when you stab a carrot with a fork. NOT TOO SOFT. You can also roast these carrots on a grill or smoke them on a smoker!
6. Add your choice of toppings and serve right away. You can cover and refrigerate the carrots and reheat them on a well-oiled grill or in a skillet.