MH BARBECUE SHRIMP
2 cups shrimp heads and shells
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup Worchester sauce
4 tablespoons cracked black pepper
2 tablespoon Creole Spices
2 bay leaves
Juice of one lemon
2 pounds of 16/20 shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 cup sauce base
1 cup cream 1 cup butter
Salt to taste
1. First make the sauce base, in a medium size pot over high heat toast the shrimp heads and shells with the olive oil for 5 minutes while stirring.
2. Add the Worcestershire, 2 tablespoons black pepper, Creole Spices, bay leaves and lemon juice to the pot along with 2 cups water and bring to a boil. Once the liquid in the pot has come to a boil, lower heat to a moderate simmer and allow the liquid to reduce by half, strain and reserve for later use.
3. Season the shrimp generously with black pepper and a touch of salt. Cook over high heat in a large cast iron skillet with 1 cup of the sauce base, cream, butter, and remaining black pepper.
4. Bring the shrimp to a boil and cook for five minutes. Remove the shrimp from the pan placing them on a platter or individual serving bowls and reduce the liquid by half.
5. Pour the remaining liquid over the shrimp and serve with hot toasted French bread.