Victim in Columbia house fire dies - WSMV Channel 4

Victim in Columbia house fire dies

Posted: Updated:
COLUMBIA, TN (WSMV) -

One person has died after being rescued from a fire on Saturday on Parkway Avenue.

Officials said the victim was taken to Maury Regional Medical Center and later transferred to Vanderbilt University Medical Center where the victim died on Sunday from injuries sustained in the fire.

Investigators said the fire was not intentional. The fire originated from an open flame, likely a candle, placed too close to combustible materials, according to a news release.

Copyright 2017 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
WSMV
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, WSMV; Nashville, TN. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.