Raspberry Ricotta Croissant French Toast
prep time 15 minutes
cook time 15 minutes
total time 30 minutes
· 1 1/2 cups whole milk
· 3 eggs
· 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
· 1 teaspoon cinnamon
· 8 small croissants
· butter, for greasing
· cinnamon sugar, for sprinkling (optional)
· 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
· 1/4 cup heavy cream
· 1 cup fresh raspberries
· real maple syrup, for serving
1. In a shallow, medium size bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon until combined. Dip the croissants into the egg mixture, allowing each side to sit for 1-2 minutes in the egg mixture.
2. Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat and coat generously with butter. When the skillet is hot, cook the croissants in batches (do not overcrowd) until golden and crisp, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, if desired.
3. In a mixing bowl, whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in the ricotta. Stir in 1 tablespoon honey for a sweet ricotta.
4. In a small bowl, mash half the raspberries. Stir in the remaining whole berries.
5. Serve the french toast topped with ricotta, raspberries, and maple. DEVOUR! ??