Thanksgiving Pot Pie
1 recipe pate brisee
1 cup leftover turkey, chopped or torn into bite size pieces
¼ cup green peas / green beans fresh or frozen blanched briefly if not using leftover
¼ cup sliced carrots, fresh or frozen - blanched briefly if not using leftover
¼ cup parsnip and / or turnip, blanched to soften if not using leftover
1-2 cups leftover turkey gravy
ANY other leftover you'd like - additional vegetables, ham, etc. I personally wouldn't use sweet potatoes, but if you like them go for it!!
For additional flavor blanch ingredients (if necessary) in chicken stock.
Preheat oven to 425*
1. Roll out dough to fit 10" tart pan with removable bottom, leaving piece big enough to cover top. Butter pan and place dough in pan.
2. Fill dough with all ingredients, and cover with gravy.
3. Roll out remaining dough to cover top. Cut 1 or 2 air vents in top, brush liberally with egg wash.
4. Place in preheated oven and bake until golden brown, approximately 35 minutes.
5. Remove and allow to cool slightly before slicing to serve
6. 1 large egg with small approximately 1 TBS cold water
7. Kosher salt & fresh pepper
8. Serve with extra gravy side.
9. Bon Appétit!
200 grams all-purpose flour
100 grams unsalted butter, cold and cut in ½ inch cubes
1 egg, beaten with 1 tsp. cold water
Pinch kosher salt
1. Combine flour & butter in bowl of food processor and pulse till consistency of "peas" - you can also do this dough by hand.
2. Add egg and pulse until mixture pulls away from sides of bowl and forms a ball.
3. Flatten into a disc shape about ½" thick and cover with plastic wrap. Chill for 30 - 60 minutes.
4. Roll into desired shape on floured workspace.
You can purchase digital scale at any grocery or discount store. Weighing ingredients will assure consistent, perfect results every time! I use metric (set switch on scale) because of its accuracy.