Quinoa Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
2 medium sized sweet potatoes
¼ cup chopped pecans
1 tbsp maple syrup
1-cup vegetable broth
1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
½ tbsp olive oil
2 tsp sea salt
2 tsp black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Using a fork, poke holes around the sweet potatoes, about 5 times. Place them on a baking sheet and cook for45 minutes or until soft.
2. Meanwhile, cook quinoa. In a small pot, heat vegetable broth over high heat, once boiling add quinoa and reduce to medium high. Cook for about 15 minutes or until liquid has been absorbed. Add in the salt and pepper.
3. In a small pan, heat pecans and maple syrup over medium heat. Stir every 3 -5 minutes until honey has covered pecans. Remove from heat.
4. Once sweet potatoes are finished cooking, removed from oven. Cut a slice lengthwise in the potato but not all the way in half, drizzle with olive oil.
5. Using a spoon, put half of the quinoa into each potato and sprinkle with candied pecans. Garnish with fresh rosemary. Serve warm.