Truffled Mac and Cheese
Serving Size: Two
For the sauce
¼ cup diced shallots
¼ cup chopped garlic
2 Tbsp olive oil
3 cup heavy cream
4 oz. shredded Gruyere (or swiss)
2 oz. grated parmesan
1. Sweat garlic and shallots till garlic browns slightly.
2. Add heavy cream and bring to a boil then simmer.
3. Reduce by 1/3.
4. Add gruyere and parmesan season to taste with salt and pepper.
For the pasta
2 cup dry radiatore pasta (any pasta with grooves will do)
1. Bring 12 cups of water and 6 Tbsp of salt to a boil
2. Add pasta and stir to prevent sticking
3. Once pasta is cooked, strain and add to sauce
Finishing the dish
1. Stir pasta in with sauce over low heat.
2. Place in a 4x4 square gratin dish.
3. Top with ½ cup Bread Crumbs, bake in a 400 degree oven till bread crumbs start to
4. Remove from oven and drizzle with a good quality truffle oil (should have truffle in the