Cedar Plank Maple Bourbon Salmon
o 2 each Cedar Planks
o Olive Oil Spray
o 2 each 7-8 oz Salmon Fillets, Skin Off
o 2 TBSP + 2 tsp Maple Bourbon Glaze (Recipe Below)
o Sea Salt and Freshly Cracked Black Pepper to taste
o 1/2 LB Roasted Carrots (Recipe Below)
o 2 each Lemon Wedges
1. Purchase cedar planks at your local grocery store.
2. Soak the cedar planks in water for 6-12 hours.
3. Lay out the cedar planks on a sheet tray with the smoother side up.
4. Spray each cedar plank with Olive Oil for 2-3 seconds.
5. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
6. Place the Salmon Fillets in a small bowl and add 2 tablespoons of the Maple Bourbon Glaze.
7. Gently massage the glaze into the Salmon.
8. Place the glazed Salmon Fillets onto the center of each cedar plank.
9. Wipe off any drippings from the glaze.
10. Place the Salmon in your preheated oven for 30-35 minutes until done and Salmon can be easily flaked with a fork.
11. Spoon 1 teaspoon of Maple Bourbon Glaze over each piece of Salmon.
12. Serve with the Roasted Carrots and a Lemon Wedge.
Ingredients for Maple Bourbon Glaze:
o 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
o 1/4 Cup Bourbon
o 1/4 Cup Dijon Mustard
o 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
o 1/4 Cup Canola Oil
Directions for Maple Bourbon Glaze:
1. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
2. Whisk well until all ingredients have been combined.
3. Keep at room temperature until ready to use.
Ingredients for Roasted Carrots
o 1/2 LB Carrots (Small carrots but not baby)
o 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
o 1 tsp Sea Salt
o 1/2 tsp Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
Directions for Roasted Carrots:
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Trim off the Carrot ends and then peel them.
3. Cut the Carrots diagonally into 1/2" pieces.
4. Combine the Carrots in a mixing bowl with the Olive Oil, Salt, and Pepper; mix well.
5. Transfer the Carrots onto a sheet tray.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes until fork tender and lightly browned.
7. Keep warm until the Salmon is ready.