Fresh Tennessee Strawberries
Sweet Biscuit ingredients:
2 - cups AP flour
4 - TBS (1/4 cup) organic granulated sugar, plus 1 TBS reserved
1 - TBS baking powder
1 - tsp salt
½ - cup COLD unsalted butter, cut in ½" pieces
1 - cup whole milk or buttermilk (+/-)
Pre heat oven to 400 (or grill)
1. Sift flour into bowl and add remaining dry ingredients (reserving 1 TBS sugar) stir to combine.
2. Pour onto clean solid surface and cut butter in with pastry cutter, or QUICKLY with your hands, till roughly the size of small peas. Alternately you can use a food processor.
3. Form well with dough and pour milk in stirring to combine. Dough will be STICKY.
4. Roll out to approx 1/2 - 3/4" thickness and cut into rounds of desired size - alternately you can bake as a sheet(s), or using a tablespoon to form "drop" biscuits. Dust with reserved sugar.
5. Bake until golden brown, approx 15 - 22 minutes.
Tennessee Strawberries Ingredients:
1 - 16 oz. container fresh Tennessee strawberries, washed, hulled and halved,
1 - TBS Fresh Mint, finely chopped
Zest of 1 Lemon
Organic Granulated Sugar - IF needed (taste berries to determine)
1. Combine all ingreients - except sugar, into non reactive bowl. Combine thoroughly.
2. Taste and add sugar as needed.
3. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes prior to use.
To serve: Place biscuit in center of large bowl or plate. Spoon berries over biscuit and top with crème. Bon Appétit!!