Poached Summer Fruit
4/6- fresh pears, or other fruit - cored. Do not peel.
1 cup white wine - may substitute fruit juice
½ cup +/- sugar - may use honey or alternate sweetener
1 cinnamon stick
½ vanilla bean, opened & scraped - or ½ tsp. vanilla extract
1. Combine all ingredients except fruit in large straight side saute pan large enough to hold fruit and liquid.
2. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes to combine flavors.
3. Add fruit, return to boil. Cover tightly with parchment paper and cook until just tender.
4. Remove fruit and allow to cool to room temperature. Transfer liquid to smaller sauce pan and reduce by ½ - to syrup stage.
5. Serve as is with sauce drizzled over top or with vanilla ice cream.
6. Bon Appétit!!