Juice of the following:
1-2 Blood Orange
1 - Tangelo
1 - small Lime
Honey, as needed
Cumin* - to taste
Stone Ground or Dijon Mustard, to taste
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Combine all ingredients except olive oil, salt and cumin in blender. Pulse briefly to combine.
2. With motor on low, slowly drizzle olive oil until you reach desired consistency, should not be to thick!
3. Use as a dressing, or marinade for El Pollo Loco - below.
El Pollo Loco
Chicken breast, or thighs - WITH skin & bone intact
Citrus Vinaigrette - WITH Cumin
Preheat grill or Oven to 450*
1. Remove excess fat from chicken. Season with salt and cover with Citrus Vinaigrette.
2. Allow to marinate for 1 - 3 hours, NO LONGER, in refrigerator.
3. Remove from marinade, if grilling wipe excess from chicken to prevent flare-ups. If roasting place on pre heated sheet pan as is.
4. Cook to internal temperature of 165*, 20 - 40 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and allow to cool before serving.
6. Serve with Corn & Red Peppers, Roasted Potatoes.
7. Bon Appétit!!