Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup
Bread – A GOOD bread with crust
Cheese – Cheddar, Provolone, Pepperjack
Butter / Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Put sandwich together, using cheese of your choice.
2. Liberally butter – or alternatively use olive oil, outside of sandwich.
3. Preheat sauté pan over medium high heat, CAREFULLY place sandwich in pan, place weights (empty pan works fine) on top and cook until golden brown.
4. Turn & repeat.
5. Serve with tomato soup, recipe follows.
1 – shallot, finely minced
2 – cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 – TBS Tarragon, finely chopped
1 – 32 ounce can Italian tomatoes
2 – TBS tomato paste
1 – cup chicken stock, or vegetable
2 – TBS Heavy cream
Butter, as needed
Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for finish
1. Preheat medium saucepan over medium high heat, add butter to coat bottom.
2. Add shallot & garlic and cook until softened – but NOT colored.
3. Add tomato paste and cook for 30 seconds, add tomatoes and stock, stir and bring to boil.
4. Reduce heat and cook for 20 minutes.
5. Using and immersion blender, puree contents of pan.
6. Serve immediately, drizzled with olive oil.
7. Bon Appétit!!