Finley Lemon Squares
From the cookbook: From the Mansion of Golconda Restaurant and Inn
Oven temp: 350
9 by 9 cake pan buttered and floured
1 cup flour
½ cup of butter
2 tablespoons of sugar
1 cup of sugar
5 tablespoons of flour
½ teaspoon of baking powder
3 tablespoons of lemon juice
1 ½ cups of powdered sugar sifted
¼ cup of butter
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Combine the crust ingredients in food processor, until mixture clumps together
- Press over the bottom of the baking dish
- Bake 15 minutes
- Take it out of oven
- Sift the dry ingredients together
- Wisk the eggs with the lemon juice and add to dry mixture
- Blend well.
- Pour it over the crust
- Return to oven and bake 20 minutes
- Remove from oven
- Beat the powdered sugar, butter and lemon juice together until smooth.
- Pour over the warm tart and let cool.
- After it cools, cut it into lemon squares.