Cream of Apple & Pear Tart
One recipe pate brisee (above)
3 Medium apples, Yellow Delicious or Gala is great choice, shredded
1 Medium pear, peeled and cut in ½ dice
1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
125 grams sugar
125 ml whole milk
30 grams Mascarpone Cheese + 30 ml (2 TBS) heavy cream
Zest of ½ lemon
Grated nutmeg to taste, grated cinnamon to taste (OPTIONAL)
Butter for pan
1. Roll out dough 1/8" thick to fit 8" (will work with up to 10") buttered tart pan with removable bottom.
2. In a sauté pan over medium heat, sauté apples & pear with sugars until soft
3. Combine all ingredients in blender and process to combine.
4. Pour mixture into pan and place in preheated oven.
5. Bake for 30 - 45 minutes until mixture is set, and crust is light golden brown.
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature until ready to serve. If you do night before YOU MUST REFRIGERATE!!
7. Serve as is or top with whipped cream.
8. Bon Appétit!
200 grams all purpose flour
100 grams unsalted butter, cold and cut in ½ inch cubes
1 egg, beaten with 1 tsp cold water
Pinch kosher salt
1. Combine flour & butter in bowl of food processor and pulse till consistency of "peas"
2. Add egg and pulse until mixture pulls away from sides of bowl and forms a ball.
3. Flatten into a disc shape about ½" thick and cover with plastic wrap. Chill for 30 - 60 minutes.
4. Roll into desired shape on floured workspace.