Turkey Pot Pie
1 recipe pate brisee
1-cup leftover Turkey - or alternately you can use Chicken, chopped or torn into bite size pieces
¼ cup Yukon Gold potato, cut into small cubes and blanched briefly*
¼ cup Turnip, cut into small cubes and blanched briefly*
¼ cup green peas, fresh or frozen, blanched briefly*
¼ cup sliced carrots, blanched briefly *
1-2 cups chicken stock - for blanching* and sauce
2 TBS unsalted butter
2 TBS AP flour
Preheat oven to 425*
1. Roll out dough to fit 10" tart pan with removable bottom, leaving piece big enough to cover top. Butter pan and place dough in pan.
2. With butter & flour make a roux, cook briefly to remove "floury" taste.
3. Whisk in chicken stock until you reach "gravy" consistency.
4. Fill dough with all ingredients, and cover with sauce.
5. Roll out remaining dough to cover top. Cut 1 or 2 air vents in top.
6. Place in preheated oven and bake until golden brown, approximately 35 minutes.
7. Remove and allow to cool slightly before slicing to serve.
8. Bon Appétit!
Chefs Note: You can use any vegetables you have on hand, or that are seasonal. While fresh is always preferable, frozen is a great alternative. I would use canned as a last resort - but I would use if it's what I had!!