Perfect Turkey Gravy
1/4 cup AP flour
1/4 cup unsalted butter
2 cups Turkey or Chicken stock, plus 1 cup in reserve
1/8 tsp. fresh ground black or cayenne pepper
1 tsp. or to taste kosher salt
- Heat stock to scalding in medium saucepan – do not boil.
- Meanwhile melt butter in medium saucepan, when butter has melted add flour and cook to light blond color.
- Add hot stock, 1/2 cup at a time whisking to combine thoroughly between additions. Add reserved pan drippings.
- When all stock has been added bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add salt and salt pepper - taste for seasoning, adding more salt as needed.
- Sauce will be thick, slowly add hot stock from 1 cup in reserve as needed to achieve desired consistency.