Buttermilk Pimento Cheese
1lb block Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1lb block American cheese
1 cup Buttermilk
4 large Red Sweet Bell Peppers
1. Char the red peppers over an open flame until the skin is evenly charred and blistered on all sides. Place them in an air-tight container for 2 hours before peeling off the outer charred skin and removing the seeds and veins from the inside. Once clean, chop the peppers into a fine dice and set aside.
2. Shred the cheddar cheese by hand (do not use pre-shredded cheese).
3. Cut the American cheese into 1-inch cubes.
4. Place cheeses in a food processor and quickly pulse 2-3 times before adding half of the buttermilk and quickly pulsing until just combined.
5. Transfer the cheese mixture to a mixing bowl, add the diced peppers and remaining buttermilk and blend by hand until fully combined using a sturdy whisk or wooden spoon.
6. Transfer to an air-tight container and refrigerate overnight.
7. The finished product will keep for up to two weeks.
Recipe from Loveless Cafe