Apple Tarte Tatin
1 recipe Pâte Briseé (or store bought dough is fine)
1- 2 Apples preferably local - washed, seeded and quartered
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup unsalted butter
1 lemon, juiced
1 TBS granulated sugar
Preheat oven to 425*
1. Combine apples, lemon juice and sugar in bowl, toss to combine.
2. Roll out dough to fit bottom of 8" nonstick skillet - approximately 3/8 thick. Chill for 10 - 15 minutes in refrigerator.
3. Place skillet over medium heat, add brown sugar and butter. Cook until sugar has completely dissolved and is slightly syrupy. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
4. Arrange apple mixture around bottom of pan, working from outside edge towards center. Pour remaining liquid from bowl over apples. Place dough on top of apples, crimping edge to seal.
5. Place in preheated oven and cook until crust is golden brown - approximately 20 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.
7. Bon Appétit!