Flatbread / Focaccia
Makes 1 or 2 Flatbreads
3 cups All Purpose flour – unbleached, plus more for counter
1 tsp. salt
2-¼ tsp. active dry yeast
1 tsp. honey
1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 ¼ cups water, room temp
Preheat oven to 450* with pizza stone on bottom of oven
- Combine all dry ingredients in bowl of stand mixer. Mix on low to combine.
- Add oil & honey, turn mixer on at lowest speed and add water.
- Mix on low (speed 1 on KitchenAid) for 3 minutes.
- Turn speed to 2 and mix for one additional minute.
- Remove dough (will be sticky!) to bowl coated with olive oil. Cover with plastic wrap and kitchen towel.
- Allow to rise undisturbed for one hour.
- Remove dough to counter coated liberally with flour. Divide into 2 equal pieces.
- Roll dough into ball shape & cover with towel
- Allow to rise undisturbed for 10 – 60 minutes, then roll into “flat sheet”.
- Place on cookie sheet and work with fingers to cover whole pan.
- Top with desired toppings and place in oven.
- Bake until golden brown – about 12 minutes.
- Remove & serve.