Serves 2 - 4
1 - 12 oz. package Arborio Rice
1 - Cup White Wine - such as Pinot Grigio
1 - Qt. Stock (or water)
1 - Shallot, finely minced
2 - Cloves Garlic, thinly sliced
2 - TBS Unsalted Butter
4 - Ounces finely grated Parmigiano Regiano Cheese (or of choice)
EV Olive Oil, for pan & for drizzling
1. Preheat a straight side sauté pan over medium high heat.
2. Coat bottom of pan with oil, add shallots sauté briefly, then garlic.
3. Add rice and sauté until middle is just translucent.
4. Add wine and cook until just absorbed.
5. Add stock until rice is covered by approximately ½", cook until just absorbed.
6. Repeat with stock two more times or until rice is just tender to the tooth.
7. Stir in butter, cheese. At this point you can add any other ingredients of choice.
8. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt.
9. Bon Appétit!!