It’s Football time pass the chips!!!
2 or 3 – large RIPE Tennessee Tomatoes*
1 – large red onion, cut in ¼’s
1 – bell pepper, coarse chop
1 – jalapeno pepper or pepper of your choice – or variety
1 – bunch fresh cilantro
1 – large lemon or lime, juiced
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Equipment – Food processor
1. Place onion, pepper(s), & cilantro in bowl of food processor. Pulse until coarsely chopped & combined.
2. Add tomatoes & lemon juice, pulse until slightly “soupy” or until your desired consistency.
3. Add lemon juice & salt, taste and adjust as needed.
4. Pour salsa into serving bowl or storage container & allow to sit for 1 – 4 hours at room temperature. Alternately you can store in the refrigerator for 24 hours, will keep under refrigeration for up to 5 days.
5. Serve with chips, or as a sauce for beef or chicken.
6. Bon Appétit!!
* Alternately you can use canned tomatoes. I prefer the Cento San Marzano available at most grocers.