Sweet Corn Purée
Tennessee Creamed Corn
4/6 - Ears of Corn - washed & kernels removed & saved, "cobs" saved
6/8 - Cloves of Garlic -lightly "smashed"
1 - Bunch fresh Thyme - washed
2 - TBS fresh flat leaf Parsley - washed
1 ½ - Cups Heavy Cream
1 ½ - Cups whole Milk
Kosher Salt & Red Pepper Flakes to taste
1. Place a large saucepan over medium high heat, add all ingredients.
2. Bring to a rolling boil and immediately reduce heat to a simmer.
3. Cook for at least 15 minutes, and no more than 1 hour.
4. Remove "cobs" from pan and set aside. Pour mixture thru a large strainer removing herbs.
5. Remove approximately ¼ cup of the corn kernels & set aside.
6. Place remaining kernels into a blender, along with enough of the "corn milk" to cover kernels by approximately 1 inch.
7. Process until mixture is smooth, approximately 3 - 5 minutes, adding additional "corn milk" as needed.
8. Pour mixture into a large bowl; gently stir in the reserved kernels. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
9. Serve immediately as a side dish, serve as a "dip" with Pita chips, or add Chicken or vegetable stock and make a great Corn Chowder.
10. Bon Appétit!!!