Serves 4 - 6
2 - Cups Couscous
2 - Cups stock (I prefer chicken, vegetable works great - or water!)
1 - TBS Shallots, finely diced
2 - cloves Garlic, sliced thin
2 - TBS Flat Leaf Parsley, coarsely chopped
1 - tsp. Freshly grated Lemon Zest
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Kosher Salt & Red Pepper Flakes
1 - Zucchini, washed & sliced 1/8" rounds
1 - Yellow (Crookneck) Squash, washed & sliced 1/8" rounds
1 - Cucumber - washed, peeled & cut in ¼" dice
½ - Cup Cherry / Grape / ? - Tomatoes, coarsely chopped
2 - TBS Flat Leaf Parsley, coarsely chopped.
1. Place Couscous in a large bowl
2. Place a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Coat bottom liberally with Olive Oil.
3. Briefly sauté the shallots / garlic / squashes until just colored.
4. Add 2 TBS parsley and cook until just softened.
5. Add stock and bring to a boil. Add lemon zest.
6. Pour mixture over Couscous & stir gently to combine.
7. Cover bowl - tightly - with plastic wrap and allow to sit at room temperature, undisturbed - for at least 10 minutes and no more than 20.
8. Gently stir in remaining 2 TBS Parsley and cucumber - "fluffing" Couscous as you go.
9. Serve immediately as a side dish, as a "bed" for your protein (Lamb goes GREAT with this dish), or dress with vinaigrette and serve as an Entrée Salad.
10. Bon Appétit!!!