Serves 4 - 6
3 or 4 - Good Sized Fresh Mangos, peeled and seeded, cut in ½" "cubes"**
1 or 2 - Large Fresh Jalapenos, washed, seeds removed, finely diced
1 - Medium Red Onion, coarsely chopped
4 - TBS Cilantro, washed and coarsely chopped
¼ - Cup Fresh Orange Juice - NO PULP
1 - Small Lemon, Zest & Juice
2 - TBS Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Kosher Salt - To Taste
1. Combine all ingredients, except Orange Juice, Lemon Juice / Zest, Olive Oil & Salt. Mix thoroughly and allow to stand at room temp for 15 - 30 minutes.
2. Add Orange Juice to achieve desired consistency - you may not need the whole amount! Mix thoroughly.
3. Add Olive Oil and mix thoroughly.
4. Taste and add Lemon Juice and Salt. Remember - Salt balances acid!
5. Allow to stand at room temperature for at least 15 minutes for flavors to "meld".
6. Serve with fresh Tortilla Chips or use as a garnish for Grilled Fish, Pork, etc.
7. Bon Appétit!!
· This works great with any "stone" fruit - Peaches, Papayas, etc.
· Alternately you can also grill the fruit prior to making salsa, allow to come to room temp prior to using.