Fresh Tomato & Basil
4 – 5 FRESH tomatoes, coarsely chopped, seeds optional *
1 - bunch basil, washed and torn into pieces
4 – cloves Garlic, sliced thin
Extra Virgin olive oil, the GOOD stuff
Crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
Fresh Parmigiano Reggiano cheese – or hard cheese of choice
1. Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat
2. Add olive oil to coat bottom by ¼ inch
3. Add garlic, sauté briefly, add tomatoes JUST to heat thru
4. Add pasta and toss to coat
5. Top pasta with TORN basil leaves
6. Serve immediately with grated hard cheese of choice – optional
7. Bon Appétit!!
*Any Tomato will work, Cherry / Grape, etc.
This technique works with virtually any fresh vegetable – zucchini, eggplant, peppers and onions, etc. – as long as it’s fresh!! It can also be served over any “starch” – grits / polenta / spatzle, etc. The important thing is using fresh ingredients – and have fun!!