BBQ'd Country Ribs
Serves 4 - 6
For the Pork:
1.5 - 2 lbs pork "country ribs", no more than 1.5" thick, not trimmed
I usually make this in bulk - so I will give proportions, make as much or as little as needed.
Equal parts - chili powder (preferably ancho) and smoked paprika (all following ingredient amounts based from this amount)
1/3 amount - cumin
1/4 amount - brown sugar (not light)
1/8 amount - cayenne pepper (adjust to personal preference)
1/8 amount - salt (TASTE for level)
fresh ground black pepper
1. Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly. Store in air tight container, will keep for 3 - 6 months.
2. Coat meat liberally - seat aside at room temperature for at least 15 minutes to one hour.
3. Sear over hot coals (with a little hickory - NOT SOAKED) turn and move to side, cover and cook approx 15 minutes for medium (medium well on ends), remove from heat, cover loosely with foil to rest for at least 15 minutes.
Fresh corn, amount as needed, husk removed and washed.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Fresh Grated Parmigiano Regiano Cheese
1 - Bunch Fresh Cilantro, finely chopped
3 or 4 Limes, to juice
1. Coat corn liberally with olive oil. Place on grill and cook until well charred.
2. Remove from heat, drizzle with more Olive Oil, coat with cheese, cilantro & lime juice.
3. Serve immediately.